2002 CHEVROLET CAVALIER ROUGH SHIFTING

• bigfluff1992
  • 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier
  • automatic

Can a bad map Sensor cause rough shifting none of the diagnosis lists specify rough shifting but all the other problems are spot on with the problems I'm having with the car

Saturday, July 19th, 2014 AT 1:22 PM

• hmac300

Scan for codes first may be a wiring issue or internal problem have a trans guy scan it.

Sunday, July 20th, 2014 AT 8:53 AM
  • bigfluff1992

Ok I submitted another question with all the details on what it was doing but I changed the map Sensor and everything seems to be doing better the trac off and check engine light still come on I'm coming to check that out tomorrow but I had a guy at autozone hook the computer to it and he told me it was the mass air flow sensor. I told him it didn't have one but he was still trying to sell me one

Sunday, July 20th, 2014 AT 9:00 AM
  • hmac300

Ok he trac off light will have to be diagnosed by a pro autozone can't read those. But whatever is causing the check eng light will show up as well.

Sunday, July 20th, 2014 AT 9:14 AM
  • bigfluff1992

Ok thanks

Sunday, July 20th, 2014 AT 9:16 AM