2002 Chevy Cavalier intermitten fuel pump problem (3 new fuel pumps, still not fixed).

METHANEB
  • 2002 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
2002 Chevy Cavalier. Having intermittent problems with the fuel pump. Sometimes the car won't start (fuel pump not running). Tap on the backseat near the fuel tank, and usually that will get the pump to run. I have had 3 pumps put in this car in the last year (2 by myself, last one was by a pro). New pigtail, new fuel filter. I suspect a bad ground, and I'm very frustrated that the pro didn't catch it (I told him I believed the pump was fine, even though it was a cheap pump. He insisted it was the problem and soaked me for a dealer pump). Sometimes the problem will go away for 2 months, and then come back randomly. I firmly believe it is not a problem with the pump itself, but something else causing the pump to not run.
Saturday, July 28th, 2012 AT 11:12 PM

If you wire the fuel pump direct from the battery and it comes on constantly-the problem is coming somewhere else-start at the fuel pump relay-
+1
Saturday, July 28th, 2012 AT 11:34 PM