OIL PRESSURE

2002 Chevrolet Blazer

Newcastle

July, 21, 2012 AT 5:49 PM

I have a 2002 Trial Blazer with just over 200, 00 miles. During stopped for traffic, I have noticed that when I stop for a light. The oil pressure gauge drops almost to zero, the the Stop Engine message is displayed. If I punt it neutral and rev the the motor. The gauge pumps up to normal. The stop engine light is off. The next light the oil pressure is normal and will remain normal pressures while on the freeway. I will make 2 -3 stop lights, still normal. The next light I will be at a stop and the pressure, stop engine goes back on.I rev it up and it's fine.

What could be the cause or causes by? I'm the Original owner and I would like to give it my daughter to use for school

I change the oil every 4000 miles

I'm starting to feel a slight slip in the trans mission ( very slight)

My question is what will cause the oil gauage go up and down the way ir's doing.

Thank you,
Robby

Docfixit

July, 21, 2012 AT 5:55 PM

Maybe gauge if internal wear causing oil pressure to drop it would not heal itself. To be sure remove sender install mechanical gague see if it still drops. If no then replace sender if yes suspect relief valve in oil pump.

Oil and Filter Replacement BMW M5 2005-2010
Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang