MY 02 HAS A CODE P0412. WHAT NEEDS CHECKED

2002 Cadillac Deville

discountmobilemechanic

November, 16, 2011 AT 1:42 AM

Car runs great but dealer says its throwing a P0412, what do I need to check and/or replace to correct the issue? My security llight is also staying on, can this be related?

ProAutoTech

November, 16, 2011 AT 1:55 AM

Air ride suspension code- Borrowed from another site, I dont plagerize- The P0412 code means that the relay for Bank 1 isn't connected or the relay is bad. This is an electrical problem. I would attack this as the highest priority because if the relay isn't working the PCM will probably throw the P0410 code too. A non-functioning relay is probably what happened to allow the pump itself to fill up with condensation. You might also check the intake hose to the AIR to make sure that it isn't off or broken. It's possible that if the relay, its wiring, and its connector are all OK and the pump is dried out that everything will be OK

discountmobilemechanic

November, 16, 2011 AT 1:59 AM

Where is this relay located on the car?

ProAutoTech

November, 16, 2011 AT 2:06 AM

Try upgrading the question to get a good response.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen