I HAVE A 2001 VOLVO S80 2

2001 Volvo S80

Anonymous

February, 24, 2013 AT 1:50 PM

I have a 2001 Volvo S80 2.9, check engine light came on and now the engine idle goes from 1000 rpm to 500 rpm then back to 1000, constantly. While driving it sometimes revs up while coming to a stop. I know this car does not have turbo.

February, 24, 2013 AT 2:07 PM

We need the code to further help you

JIS001

March, 3, 2013 AT 3:58 AM

I agree with ASEMaster6371, can you post the codes on here? You can also call your local Volvo dealership to see if they are participating in the Volvo service for life program. If they are you should get a free 1 hour diagnostic. That diagnostic only covers the basics and if further testing is required they will informe you and what the price is. Here is the link to Volvo's website for more info.
http://www.volvocars.com/us/top/yourvolvo/maintenance-services/volvo-service-for-life/Pages/default.aspx

So call them to see what they can do? For me, at minimum it sounds like you may need the PCV system and throttle body cleaned and worse case scenario you will need a new throttle body? Good luck to you and hope this helps you.