I would like to know what may be wrong with my car before I tow it to be fixed for financial reasons

JRS52
  • 2001 SUZUKI ESTEEM

I was coming out of a drive thru and all of a sudden it sounded like something fell in the engine area and was draging (I couldn't see anything underneath, I was able to drive a short before it would not go any further. Prior to this there was a noise when I backed out and turned the wheel. Do you think the motor mount broke or could it be the transmission? I am presently on a fixed income and would like to know if I can afford to have it towed to the shop. Thank you.

Monday, October 1st, 2012 AT 8:18 PM

SATURNTECH9

Without more info its hard to say what happened your going to have to see what broke. So why doesn't it drive anymore?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Monday, October 1st, 2012 AT 8:26 PM
JRS52

I have no idea (not mechanically inclined) I had costed down a hill and a young man helped me put it in drive and park it off the street. When I pushed on the gas it stopped moving after I got to the bottom of the hill.

Monday, October 1st, 2012 AT 8:32 PM
SATURNTECH9

So the engine runs but it wont move will in gear and pressing the gas?Also do you have a manual or automatic transmission?

Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012 AT 2:44 AM

Help us by donating