WHAT CAUSES MY CAR TO, WHEN IT REACHES 25 MPH AND 40 MPH, RESPECTIVELY, TO JERK AND ALSO THE RPM IS HIGH?

2001 Saturn SL2

Estelle Massiah

March, 30, 2012 AT 5:37 PM

My car labor before it reaches 25mph, is at very high rpm and then it jerks, rpm goes dowm a bit jerk again when it reaches 40 mph and rpm is high again.

March, 30, 2012 AT 6:11 PM

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs -start here

saturntech9

March, 31, 2012 AT 1:20 AM

Just to add to this one does it only jerk when shifting or while acellerating?Any codes in the computer?

Estelle Massiah

April, 3, 2012 AT 4:58 PM

Thanks for your prompt response. Only when shifting and accellerating.

saturntech9

April, 3, 2012 AT 5:18 PM

So does it feel like the transmission is slipping?Or the engine is cutting out?If the engine is cutting out I would check the spark plug wires first also the spark plugs. Make sure there isnt platnuim plugs in the engine. They carbon foul in those engines you want stock copper plugs I recomend the ngks like it came with. Also any codes in the computer?Have you checked for codes?Also is the jerking worse with the a/c on if the a/c works?

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20