RADIATOR

2001 Proton

taylor_lucy1

December, 4, 2010 AT 9:00 AM

My heater went from hot air to cool air blowing looked at the rad and the warter brown its only just happened last night will draining it & putting new anti-freeze be ok or could there be other damage? At first I was thinkig it was the stat the car my partners she only had the car 2 months or so its a proton satria gti 2001

December, 4, 2010 AT 12:33 PM

Possible causes for the problem are : 1. Faulty thermostat.
2. Clogged heater core.
3. Heater valve ( if equipped)
4. Lack of coolant.

You need to check all the above. Flushing the radiator and heater core would be recommended as you mentioned the coolant being dirty.

taylor_lucy1

December, 4, 2010 AT 12:43 PM

Thanks I will have alook also would that course the car to idle high it goes from lust below 1000 to 1500 to 2000 up & down it all happened at the same time thanks for your help.

December, 4, 2010 AT 1:05 PM

If the ISC system used is equipped with coolant hoses, lack of coolant would cause that. The other would be a faulty Idle Solenoid Control motor.

If the idling speed is adjusted out of specs, it would surge. Check for vacuum leakages.

Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Replace Heater Core
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT