Radiator

TAYLOR_LUCY1
  • 2001 PROTON
  • 98 MILES

My heater went from hot air to cool air blowing looked at the rad and the warter brown its only just happened last night will draining it & putting new anti-freeze be ok or could there be other damage? At first I was thinkig it was the stat the car my partners she only had the car 2 months or so its a proton satria gti 2001

Saturday, December 4th, 2010 AT 9:00 AM

KHLOW2008

Possible causes for the problem are :

1. Faulty thermostat.
2. Clogged heater core.
3. Heater valve ( if equipped)
4. Lack of coolant.

You need to check all the above. Flushing the radiator and heater core would be recommended as you mentioned the coolant being dirty.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, December 4th, 2010 AT 12:33 PM
TAYLOR_LUCY1

Thanks I will have alook also would that course the car to idle high it goes from lust below 1000 to 1500 to 2000 up & down it all happened at the same time thanks for your help.

Saturday, December 4th, 2010 AT 12:43 PM
KHLOW2008

If the ISC system used is equipped with coolant hoses, lack of coolant would cause that. The other would be a faulty Idle Solenoid Control motor.

If the idling speed is adjusted out of specs, it would surge. Check for vacuum leakages.

Saturday, December 4th, 2010 AT 1:05 PM

Help us by donating