TRUNK WILL NOT LATCH

2001 Pontiac Montana

allen_mk

2001 Pontiac Montana - the trunk will not latch shut. It did close earlier today and now it will not. I think the latch has ceased. There is nothing obstructing the doors path. How do I get it to shut?

hmac300

See if the latch has gone in the closedposition. You may needa screwdriver to stick in there then open the door. Then try to shut it. Sometimes it can inadvertently happen thatway.

allen_mk

I tried with a screwdriver but the latch barely moves. Any further suggestions?

hmac300

I'm sure this is an electric latch, so if it won't move with a scredriver it may mean your latch is not working. Try to check your fuses in the underhood electrical center. There are a copleo f the fuse for this i'll send along a schematic. Check your grounds by the switch as well. Also the remote receiver which is listed on thediagram may need to reset by pulling the fuse for it ad leaving out 30 seconds or so. Also if you are lookingfor the splices they are under the right door sil not the left as is stated in the diagram

Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML