Problem with car windows

RICHLYN G
  • 2001 PONTIAC GRAND AM
Hi, both my driver and passenger side windows fell into the door. My ****** took both doors off and put sticks in them to hold the windows up as termporary fix. How can I actually fix this so it works properly and for how much?
Sunday, July 31st, 2011 AT 6:00 PM

SATURNTECH9
So were talking about the front windows?What broke the regulators?Are you going ti fix it yourself?
Sunday, July 31st, 2011 AT 6:08 PM
RICHLYN G
Yes the front windows. I'm not sure what broke, thats what I need help with. I need to know what are possibilites of what may have happened. Depending on what is wrong I'm not sure if I can fix it my self. I really want professional help so I know for sure it's correctly done.
Sunday, July 31st, 2011 AT 7:23 PM
SATURNTECH9
Alright I take it you have pwer windows?
Monday, August 1st, 2011 AT 12:01 AM
SATURNTECH9
Your going to have to run the motor if its power and if its manual turn the crank and see what whats going on you have a broken regulator most likely. But make sure the window channel guide isnt broken or something like that. The regulator wouldnt be that hard to replace you can even get the motor and regulator together that way you wouldnt have to transfer over the motor to the new regulator.
Monday, August 1st, 2011 AT 2:23 AM
RICHLYN G
Yes, I have power windows, and what exactly is the window channel? And how much would regulators and motors be?
Monday, August 1st, 2011 AT 11:50 PM
SATURNTECH9
The window channel is the channel the window glass rides in and is the channel that guides the glass straight up and down and keeps the glass from moving too mcuh side to side etc. The window regulators with motors price will depend on where you buy them. There is a website called www. Rockauto. Com that has reasonable prices I have bought a lot of parts from them here is a discount code for 5 percent off your order you just put the code in the how did you hear about us box when you get to the shopping cart screen. The code is 62539003242193 you just select your car on the catalog and the parts tab you click is body interior the regulator and motor about 54 plus shipping. You can try amazon etc to try to find a better price.
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011 AT 12:02 AM
RICHLYN G
Well thank you so much, my ****** and I appreciate your help and patience with us.
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011 AT 12:49 AM
SATURNTECH9
Your welcome thats what were here for let me know if you have anymore questions.
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011 AT 1:06 AM