Should I change the timing chain and water pump?

NOTAPROMIKE
  • 2001 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE

Where do I start to determine why the horn quit on my 2001 Pontiac Bonneville? Also, should I do any preventive maintenance such as changing the timing chain and water pump with 376,000 miles on this car? Plan on driving it till it quits and it still runs

I've had the car since 2003 with 70000 miles on it then. It still goes 10,000 miles in between oil changes and is 1 qt low when I change oil. Using sythentic. Would also appreciate some pointers on how to remove the passenger side inner door panel as I need to replace the door mirror. Thanks, NotaproMike love this site :-)

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 AT 6:58 PM

BILLYMAC

Hi Mike
I would start at the horn under the hood hidden prob visible from under front bumper looking up inside the fender. The horn has one or two wires on it one is ground one is power using a grounded test light probe the power wire now press the horn button light should light up if not hook wires back to horn check all fuses. Check horn relay in your relay center, if all are ok prob will be in horn button under steering wheel cover. Careful with air bag never remove this without first disconnecting batterry.

Door panel. These look harder then they are look for hidden screws inside door pull handle remove them any screws you find even hidden under plastic plugs. Now use tool to pop out self locks start at bottom of panel work upward being careful not to damage panel they will all just pop out. Good luck Billymac

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, February 16th, 2012 AT 7:19 PM