S15 WEIRD NOISE NEAR FRONT DASH AREA

2001 Nissan 200SX

RB2

March, 4, 2012 AT 1:06 AM

Hi,
I have a 2001 Nissan 200sx and yesterday when I turned the key to the 'ON' location without starting there was a weird noise coming from the from the inside of the car. The noise is coming from the front of the car (around the middle area) near the air vents just above my CD player. Its a tick noise follow by a buzzing noise that is repetitive, I think approximately 4 or 5 ticks then a buzzing noise, and then repeats again. After starting the car or switching it off or on multiple times, it still seems to be there. The noise does not seem to go away, even while driving for a while. I looked inside the bonnet and the noise is not coming from there, its only something inside behind the dash.
Any help would be great! Thanks.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 4, 2012 AT 4:09 AM

Check to see if there are relays there.

RB2

March, 6, 2012 AT 1:22 AM

Thanks for the quick reply and the help. I have noticed that when I change the direction of the air distribution the noise stops. For example when I select the option to have the air blow out to the face and feet the noise is not present, but when I select face only or feet only option the noise is coming back. I think its something to do with the air distribution system but the noise is weird with the ticking and then buzzing noise repeating.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic