MITSUBIS TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse

leopopow

September, 24, 2013 AT 4:35 PM

My car suddenly went into "limp" mode. I can only get 3rd gear and reverse. I had the code pulled and it said that solenoid D is bad. There are 5 shift solenoids. Which one is D?

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

madmike1735

September, 24, 2013 AT 5:04 PM

Do you plan on replacing this yourself? Its a pretty big job, and should be left to the professionals. In the meantime, I will find which one it is, and see if I can attach pictures, and more info.

madmike1735

September, 24, 2013 AT 5:13 PM

Solenoid 5 is torque converter clutch control solenoid. Solenoid valve harness color is blue, yellow, yellow. Im having difficulties trying to attach the photo of where its located. Maybe another tech here can attach it. I will keep trying in the mean time. Hope this helps.

leopopow

September, 24, 2013 AT 5:17 PM

Thanks. Actually, all five solenoids are inside a pan that is on the front side of the tranny and right under the air cleaner box so it has easy access. Appreciate your help.

madmike1735

September, 24, 2013 AT 5:28 PM

I have the picture, I cant attach it however. Can you send me a private message with your email address? I can attach it in there for sure.

leopopow

September, 24, 2013 AT 5:34 PM

Is it the one on the lower right side?

madmike1735

September, 24, 2013 AT 7:06 PM

Yes, when looking at it from the front of the car, it will be on the lower driver side.

leopopow

September, 24, 2013 AT 7:44 PM

Madmike1735, your info is invaluable, thank you. Question about transmission fluid. I was using Castrol import multi-vehicle ATF which says it is a suitable substitute for Mitsubishi Diamond SP II and SP III. Is this true or should I get genuine Mitsubishi Diamond ATF?

madmike1735

September, 24, 2013 AT 8:01 PM

Upon digging, all I can find is the diamond atf SP II, or diamond atf SP II M. When it comes to fluid, I wouldnt use anything but what is recommended. Stay away from universal fluid. Also, your basically doing a drain and fill, so start with 3-4 qts. Your system holds 8.4qts. However, unless you removed the torque converter, and drained it, you wont use 8qts. Hope this helps.

Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage