KNOCKING SOUND ON FRONT RIGHT OF CAR

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse

lalapink

May, 28, 2011 AT 6:58 PM

My car is making a knocking sound comeing from knocking sound comeing from, when we jacked it up and spun the tire it stopped but something kept spinning. What could it be?

Docfixit

May, 28, 2011 AT 7:04 PM

Would you try explaing again? Noise when driving? Did wheel stop or noise? What kept spinning?

lalapink

May, 29, 2011 AT 12:43 AM

I should of explained better, but not car smart so ill try a little better. The knocking sound isn't constant but have heard it and thought it was the brakes, so when we checked it the brakes were good, but you can hear something spinning behind the front passenger tire when we spun the tire not sure where it is coming from but we can hear it spinning. It might even be in the back of the engine can't pinpoint where the sound is coming from.

Docfixit

May, 30, 2011 AT 6:07 PM

Nois diagnosis over internet about impossible so take rim off turn rotor, inspect axle, wheel bearing and strut. May need a professional take a look

Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series