AFTER I CHANGED BATTERIES IN BOTH KEYS AS THEY STOPPED WORKING ALL TOGETHER

2001 Mercedes Benz C320

johnthemachinist

October, 12, 2011 AT 4:32 AM

Mercedes 2001 c320, changed batteries in both keys as they stopped working. One key lasted 4 weeks. The other is beginning to give trouble after 3 days. Other problem that has been occuring alongside this is that the battery drains off within one or two days of no use. Battery itself has clear window that indicates it is still good. When putting the negative lead back on after charging battery significant draw is evident. Don't know if this is related to the key problems.

Can't Remove Ignition Key

97 Country Ignition Switch

DrCranknWrench

October, 12, 2011 AT 5:16 AM

I have often heard that after time the buttons on the fob wear out and can keep a slow draw closed circuit. Not enough of a signal to actuate any functions, but enough to drain batteriws. Also after time corrosion such as copper build up will mkae the circuits run hotter and demand more energy to function as this couses more resistsnce in the circuit.
A quick fix that might help some until you can get new buttons and examine the circuit borads is to take a standar pencil eraser and clean the battery contacts.

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement