EML LIGHT ON

• Cat
  • 2001 MERCEDES BENZ C200

On occasion when I first start up my C200K (W203-2001 model) in the morning it seems to start up with a misfire. It sometimes turns on the EML. After driving it for +- 5kms the misfire disappears and everything is back to normal but EML remains on. What will

On start up my car would misfire and sometimes turn on the EML. After driving it for +- 5km the misfire disappears but EML stays on. What could be causing this to happen as it does not happen everyday. How do I turn off EML without taking it to the dealer.I need to know what the problem is as the car has a full service history and the service book does not list any faults or electronic repairs.

After driving it for +- 5km the car returns to normal. One would never say that it had being misfiring earlier.

Live on this site :-)

Sunday, February 19th, 2012 AT 12:49 PM

• KHLow2008

Get a scan done to check for trouble codes. If it is a misfiring code, it could be the spark plugs or related components.

Sunday, February 19th, 2012 AT 4:40 PM