About a month ago I decided to clean the terminals on my battery so removed the cables and cleaned them with baking soda/water and a toothbrush. It made a mess on battery and around battery (but clean). Within a day or 2 the post turned black. So cleaned it with wire brush and soft steal wool. Both connectors and posts were cleaned. Finally I decided I would charge the battery with my "Extreme Charger". It is recommended by manufacturer to allow battery to charge for about 3 weeks to fully clean plates and charge battery (battery was removed from van for this process). Today I reinstalled battery and cleaned posts and connections again. I triple checked to make sure battery was connected properly and it was. So I opened the door to my vehicle and interior light was not illuminated nor would anything happen when I inserted key in the ignition. I went to the hood and checked everything and it all looked good. I even replaced the positive terminal to for a better connection. Still nothing. I used my multimeter and it said the battery was at 13V. Is there a fuse or something some place I can check that is not allowing my vehicle to recognize there is a battery connected to the vehicle? Please help?
Fuses often blow when reconnecting the battery. That's from the surge of the many computer memory circuits charging up. There will be a fuse box inside and one under the hood. Also look at the two smaller battery cables. (Be sure one didn't break off). The negative one bolts to the body and the positive one bolts to the under-hood fuse box.
Use your voltmeter to measure the voltage on the fuses. Some of them should have 12 volts all the time.