2001 MAZDA 626 LX TRANSMISSION

• MHJ
  • 2001 MAZDA 626

Do you have any detail instructions with pictures on how to change my transmission fluid? My subscription of ALLDATADIY has very little detail. It interchanges the transmission, transaxel, and differential. Are these referring to the same thing? There looks like there are two pan gaskets that I should replace to try to get rid of the leaking. Maybe one is to the Valve cover. It just isn't clear. Any help would be appreciated. I plan to simply drop the pan, and replace the filter, gasket and oil like I would any other transmission. I wonder if there is anything in particular that I should be careful of.

Friday, April 1st, 2011 AT 2:28 AM

• KHLow2008

Which engine and transmission do you have?

Friday, April 1st, 2011 AT 10:42 PM
  • MHJ

2.0L MFI DOHC 4cyl.
A/T CD4E
VIN 1YVGF22C815210831

Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 AT 12:58 AM
  • KHLow2008

Here are the procedures from Mitchell1.

NOTE:
Filter change is not part of normal service for vehicles equipped with CD4E or LA4A transaxles. Transaxle must be disassembled.

Remove transmission dipstick. Remove drain plug from oil pan, using proper container. If oil pan is removed, discard old oil pan gasket.

Clean oil pan and install using NEW gasket. Tighten bolts to specification. Install NEW washer to drain plug. Add appropriate transmission fluid through dipstick tube.

DO NOT overfill. Start engine, and shift transmission through all gears, ending in Park. With engine idling, check fluid level.

Saturday, April 2nd, 2011 AT 6:49 PM