HELLOI AM BUYING 2001 LINCOLN TOWN CAR WITH ...

2001 Lincoln Town Car

Anonymous

February, 28, 2013 AT 8:07 PM

Hello;
I am buying 2001 Lincoln Town Car with mileage 68000.

What kind of repairs will be likely in the near future and how much should I be prepared
to pay of those?

Wiring Issue?

caradiodoc

February, 28, 2013 AT 9:21 PM

Lots and lots of steering and front end parts. Have those systems inspected a minimum of yearly and anytime you hear creaks, squeaks, groans, or rattles. Ford has way more trouble with steering and suspension parts separating leading to loss of control and crashes than all other manufacturers combined, but that mainly affects their front-wheel-drive cars.

Ford also does a very poor job of making replacement parts available for older cars. In particular, if yours has air springs and one pops a leak, expect that parts will be not available or will be very expensive. To address this common problem, many aftermarket manufacturers off kits to convert them back to normal coil springs. You will not notice the difference in ride quality.

Tire wear is something to keep a close eye on too. The alignment has been messed up to improve ride quality but at a cost of increased tire wear. "Camber" is adjustable on your car and your alignment mechanic will be able to set it for better tire wear than what the factory specified. Can't do that with their front-wheel-drive cars.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Nitro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford