WINDOW REGULATOR?

• maryocc
  • 2001 Lexus GS 430

My window came of track and I am being told I will need to replace the "acuator" looking on line I believe they call it a regulator. So
I need to replace the window mechanism for the front left (driver) window of a 2001 Lexus GS430 What part am I needing

Monday, January 24th, 2011 AT 9:20 PM

• Dr. Hagerty

The part is called a window regulator, they are referred to by this name in all the parts houses and if you ask for a left front or drivers door window regulator, you are certain to get the correct item.

Monday, January 24th, 2011 AT 11:01 PM
  • maryocc

I have done that and I have now seen 2 completely different ones, one has a pully and one does not it looks like a jack. Which is it?

Monday, January 24th, 2011 AT 11:11 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

The inspection inside the door should reveal what part is broken, has this been done? The window regulator on a 2001 Lexus GS 430 is the thing that looks like a jack. The one that looks like a pulley may not be for the front door, it might be for another car altogether.

Monday, January 24th, 2011 AT 11:26 PM