2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Climate control blend doors system

01JEEPGC
  • 2001 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
The recirculation button turns on and off (lights up) but does not work anymore, exhaust fumes from the vehicle in front get in the Jeep and the climate control doors open and close several times after stopping and turning off the jeep, how do I fix these two problems?
Wednesday, December 10th, 2014 AT 11:08 AM

SATURNTECH9
Have you checked to see if the door you hear after shutting it off is the recirculation door clicking? If it is you could have a broken recirculation door or recirculation actuator.
Wednesday, December 10th, 2014 AT 1:09 PM
01JEEPGC
No I have not, how do I do that? I believe it's the recirculation door because of the #52 code. Don't know if it's the actual door or the actuator trying to close the door and it can't, how can I tell for sure?
Wednesday, December 10th, 2014 AT 4:26 PM
SATURNTECH9
Does the clicking noise change when turning the recirculation on and off? You will have to pop the actuator off and look and see if the end of the shaft of the recirculation door is broken. Most of the time the actuator fails.
Wednesday, December 10th, 2014 AT 6:42 PM
01JEEPGC
I don't hear any noise when the recirc button is pressed, the light still lights up but that's all, now the engine is running so maybe it's making some noise but not like after it's shut off and it seems to be opening and closing two or three times. Guess the actuator is the place to start. Can you give some info on exactly what to do and look for?
Thursday, December 11th, 2014 AT 9:40 AM
SATURNTECH9
Do you have auto climate control or manual control ac?
Thursday, December 11th, 2014 AT 12:33 PM
01JEEPGC
Automatic, dual zone
Thursday, December 11th, 2014 AT 1:22 PM
SATURNTECH9
Does that noise change when you adjust the temp on ethier side of the dash? Iam trying to figure out what is making your noise.
Thursday, December 11th, 2014 AT 8:29 PM
01JEEPGC
No noise as I change temps, I think this is the recirculation door, have read on the jeep forums that it is a common failure, they say you can micky-mouse it open or some have done it closed for continual recirculation, will that screw up the defrost as the unit will turn off the recirc mode when I turn on the defrost. I like the recirc mode as it makes the a/c colder and I don't get fumes in the jeep. Any opinions will be appreciated.
Monday, December 15th, 2014 AT 12:16 PM
SATURNTECH9
I would just replace the recirculation actuator no mickey mouse if it is a bad actuator sounds like a bad one. Also move the mode position and see if the noise changes? I dont have a replacement information or even a diagram showing its location on the online repair manuals we use. But the recirculation actuator should be behind the glove box area.
Monday, December 15th, 2014 AT 10:37 PM