ROUGH RUNNING

2001 Hyundai Tiburon

kylewatson89

April, 22, 2010 AT 8:23 PM

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 131000 miles

I have a 2001 tiburon, 4cyl auto. It has a check engine light for a (P1124-manufacturer control fuel air monitoring), and also (P0301-misfire) and (P0300-multiple cyl misfire). The cars runs rough at and idle but only in park and neutral, somtimes drive but not usually. Cars run great going down highway and doesnt skip when fullthrottle is applied. Doest skip even going 35 or so. Just runs rough on idle. I can here what sounds like to be a loud vacuum leak but ive spayed a flammable cleaner all around it and it never reved up any. Ive also checked all connections to TPS, MAF, and others nuthins loose or corroded. The car has never stalled or reved up on its own. The car has always run good and recently I noticed what I think to be a loud vacuum leak and ever since that has started its run bad at idle, but its weird because it runs really good driving it. It does need a tune up but again if it was skipping it would run bad all the time and it wouldnt have as much power, its def running on all cylinders while drving but not at an idle but, wires are good checked resistance and came out fine, could be replaced but nothing to cause a skip, im thinking the misfire code is only on because it was running rough on one day and did skip but hasnt since and code stayed in the computer. An ase tech told me too fix the skip first but like I said it runs too good while being driven to cause a problem at and idle. I really need to see the live data and check sum voltages but till I do that im stuck.

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

Jacobandnickolas

May, 24, 2010 AT 11:26 AM

It sounds like a problem with a vacuum leak like you mentioned. Do you hear a hissing sound?

kylewatson89

May, 25, 2010 AT 3:50 PM

Yah it was a vaccuum leak on the intake manifold, its all fixed now.

Jacobandnickolas

May, 26, 2010 AT 11:50 AM

Glad you got it fixed. THey are a pain to find, but at least cheap to fix.

Let us know if you have questions in the future.

saturnoutcast

September, 4, 2012 AT 7:25 PM

Just fyi. If the the car idles rough at idle and/or cuts off going through turns chech that the Idle Air Control Valve(located on the upper left of the intake plenum) and throttle plate are clean. The IAC allows air to bypass the throttle plate when at idle as is the case when sitting parked or at a red light. If the IAC is clogged or dirty it can hunder the air flow to the engine at a stand still causeing it to studder and die.