THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE TIRE MAKES A NOISE

2001 Hyundai Sonata

tessasmommy

December, 26, 2011 AT 12:57 AM

I have a 2001 Hyundai Sonata. I'm pretty sure it needs a front end alignment since the steering wheel has to be turned toward the left to make it go straight. I've had two different opinions given to me on what it could be, a tie rod and/or a axle or cv joint.

saturntech9

December, 26, 2011 AT 1:04 AM

You could have a bad tie rod causing issues have you checked it for a bad tie rod yet?The cv axle isnt going to cause the steering wheel to not be straight down the road or the wheel to squeal while driving?

tessasmommy

December, 26, 2011 AT 2:09 PM

I haven't taken it to a mechanic yet, plan on calling around for prices this week on getting that done. Just wanted to see what some other ppl's opinions were on the matter.

saturntech9

December, 26, 2011 AT 5:17 PM

A bad tie rod can throw the alignment off and cause the tires to fight each other while driving down the road. Before the alignment you need to make sure everything in the front end is good.

Replace Tie Rod End
Upper Control Arm Replacement