JUST READ YOUR ENGINE RUNS ROUGH OR MISFIRES ...

2001 Ford Mustang

UAsunbunny

March, 6, 2013 AT 12:01 AM

Just read your "engine runs rough or misfires" article; very informative. My vehicle has these symptoms more often when the outside temp is warmer and/or during long distances. Low fuel level tends to amplify the problems also. Occasionally when I accelerate quickly the vehicle revs but doesn't seem to be able to get into gear and/or revs too high before up-shifting. This is fairly uncommon but the low power, jerking & sputtering during acceleration have become almost daily occurrences. Throwing a code but I cannot remember what it is: something to do with a possible O2 sensor & it was coming from only one of the banks. Sounds like I'm insane but believe me, I am very good at paying attention to intermittent issues in order to provide information to repair them. Please help!

March, 6, 2013 AT 12:04 AM

We eed the code number.

Check the trans fluid. Beyond that you may need a test drive from a trans shop to see if that is the issue.

When was the last time you changed plugs/wires/coils?

UAsunbunny

March, 6, 2013 AT 12:08 AM

I will take it over to O'Reilly's to have the code pulled again. The previous owner had done the spark plugs just before selling it to me which was a year ago. The transmission fluid seems fine. It is a very oddly intermittent problem occurring. I thought trans too but it's very rare and it only happens when the car is acting up. When it is cooler the car runs fine and I have no shifting problems. Forgot to tell you that I do have an exhaust leak but find it hard to believe this is all from that but what do I know!

March, 6, 2013 AT 12:11 AM

When did you service the trans last?

What motor?

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast