CODE P0174

2001 Ford Expedition

bcmullen95

November, 14, 2011 AT 1:36 AM

I have this code that keeps coming on, I have replace fuel filter, spark plugs, cleaned MAF with electrical cleaner, replace air cleaner. I do know that the code represent there is to much air per fuel ratio on bank 2 side. I checked for leak on intake using carb cleaner. Is there anything else that maybe causing this code to come on? There is a slight performance issue.

fixitmr

November, 14, 2011 AT 1:55 AM

Possibly oxygen sensor bank 2?

fixitmr

November, 14, 2011 AT 2:00 AM

But most common cause is vacuum leak from hose or fitting.

bcmullen95

November, 14, 2011 AT 2:12 AM

I am not thinking O2 as when scan tool is connected they are working with in specs. Tomorrow I will be searching for a leak in a hose. Is there a really good trick into finding a leak other that spraying carb cleaner?

fixitmr

November, 14, 2011 AT 6:46 AM

Smokers can blow smoke around parts and see if it gets sucked in.

bcmullen95

November, 14, 2011 AT 8:48 PM

I have a question in regards to finding out if the MAF is the actual problem. I was using my scan tool and the reading for MAF are 8.0 to about 8.13 gm/s. Is this a normal range for the MAF.

rivermikerat

December, 10, 2011 AT 3:48 AM

Check the MAF voltage when the engine is hot and idling. It should be between.6 and.9 volts. Zero volts key on, engine off.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus