A-C

2001 Ford 500

airnut@austin.rr.com

June, 4, 2011 AT 7:08 PM

'01 Ford Mustang 3.8v6. AC quit. Have 13.2v to low pressure switch, 0v to ac clutch. Have bypassed low and high pressure switchs and clutch will not engage. Clutch will engage if I jump directly to battery. Any ideas? Mark

A/c 02 L 300

Ac Will Not Turn On!!!

airnut@austin.rr.com

June, 4, 2011 AT 7:16 PM

Looking at a schmatic, the only idea I have is possibly the constant control relay module. Have no idea where it is located or how to test it. Have checked fuse no. 23 on inside panel and fuse no. 24 in engine compartment

June, 4, 2011 AT 7:19 PM

Check the wiring to the clutch could be open-continuity test

Wrenchtech

June, 4, 2011 AT 7:39 PM

Looking at the database, I don't see a 500 made here until 2005.

airnut@austin.rr.com

June, 4, 2011 AT 11:05 PM

Wrenchtech, its not a 500. Regular Mustang 3.8 v6

Wrenchtech

June, 4, 2011 AT 11:26 PM

I see, wrong category. I don't know where you got your fuse numbers from but the inside fuse is #2 and the outside fuse should be labeled A/C pressure. I'm finding no info on the location of the CCRM but they can be mounted near the battery, the headlights or the strut tower. The 98 Mustang has it on the right fender well, next to the air filter. I attached a picture of it. Test for ground on the Pink/yellow wire at the CCRM to know if the PCM is commanding it on.

Wrenchtech

June, 4, 2011 AT 11:30 PM

I see now where you got the fuse numbers. They supply the control head. The ones I gave you supply the compressor.

airnut@austin.rr.com

June, 5, 2011 AT 12:57 AM

Checked all fuses on inside panel as well as panel under hood, all are good. Why would I have power at the clutch cycling pressure switch, but no power at the clutch?

Wrenchtech

June, 5, 2011 AT 12:59 AM

Because that circuit doesn't go to the clutch. Please test for ground at the CCRM as I asked.

airnut@austin.rr.com

June, 5, 2011 AT 1:23 AM

Hang in there, I'am having a rough time locating the CCRM.

Wrenchtech

June, 5, 2011 AT 1:26 AM

It's a square box with a single long plug that has one bolt in the middle of the plug holding it on.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement