I HAVE CODE P0201

• tommy 54
  • 2001 Dodge Ram

I put new injector checked wiring it is good

Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 4:06 PM

• caradiodoc

Chrysler has extremely little trouble with their injectors. If you suspect one, swap it with one from a different cylinder to see if the code follows it to that cylinder. For that code a more likely suspect would be a spread connector terminal at the injector, a corroded terminal in the computer's connector, or even a problem in the computer.

Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 4:50 PM
  • tommy 54

I switched injectors and it is still number one

Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 4:54 PM
  • caradiodoc

You could use an ohm meter to test the continuity of the wiring from the computer's plug, and to see if the control wire is grounded, but a better test involves using a scanner to pulse that one injector, then listen for the clicking. You would also see a corresponding drop in fuel pressure if you had a pressure gauge installed.

Code 201 references injector number 1 but it goes further and can refer to a problem with any injector on that side of the engine.

Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 6:37 PM