I HAVE A . I CAN START MY CAR PUT IS IN GEAR GAS IT, MY DRIVE SHAFT SPINS BUT MY CAR DOESN'T MOVE

2001 Dodge Durango

rodrig03

December, 4, 2011 AT 11:27 PM

I can hear my drive shaft spin before this happened it had a loud clicking when I would drive and get louder when I gased it

rivermikerat

December, 4, 2011 AT 11:33 PM

Check the rear U-joint. If it's good, you either have a snapped axle or an issue in the differential.

December, 4, 2011 AT 11:35 PM

Inspect all the U-Joints-Don't get this one: driveshaft spins but doesn't move

rivermikerat

December, 4, 2011 AT 11:57 PM

A broken axle will allow the driveshaft to spin but not transfer power to the wheel.

rodrig03

December, 5, 2011 AT 1:01 AM

The drive shaft spins but the wheels don't turn

rivermikerat

December, 5, 2011 AT 1:13 AM

We have a few possibilities: 1: with a driveshaft having a center support and bearing, a snapped U-Joint at the rear.
2: Center supported driveshaft, snapped rear yoke, either on the driveshaft or differential.
3: Pumpkin or pinion gear in the differential missing teeth or broken.
4: Snapped axle.

rodrig03

December, 14, 2011 AT 12:55 AM

I narrowed it down to my transfer case. And a friend told me the bearings. Look at the picture and let me kno and also how much to fix It

December, 14, 2011 AT 1:29 AM

THIS COULD HAVE EXTENSIVE DAMAGE IN THE TRANSFER CASE

REALLY NEEDS TO BE TORE INTO TO SEE THE EXTENT OF DAMAGE. DAMAGED BEARINGS NO LONGER CENTERING THE INTERNAL SHAFT COULD THROW SHAFTS OUT OF LINE AND MAKE THINGS WORSE INSIDE

JUST LOOKING AT THE PIC, RECKON THE BODY WEDGED UNDER YOUR RIG HAD ANY AFFECT. LOL!

rivermikerat

December, 14, 2011 AT 1:53 AM

Go Navy! WE beat Army!
I second what CJ said. How much to repair will depend on what is needed to fix it and how much the shop charges for labor.

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Replace Drive Shaft U-Joint Like a Pro
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement