I HAVE A QUESTION THAT MY BACK LIKE FROM MY TRUCK WON'T TURN ON

2001 Dodge Dakota

yannicrisantos

July, 7, 2012 AT 11:56 PM

I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota when my remote work to open the door my light turn on and it stop working one day and after it did the lights don't turn on no more I will put a picture to show. The lights turn on when I open the door or when I unlock the doors with the remote key, and the remote is also not working.

DrCranknWrench

July, 8, 2012 AT 1:00 AM

You probably need to replace the battery in the remote key fob. They usually have a slit on one side to fit a tiny flat blade screwdriver in to gently pry it apart. Then it has a battery that you can get at Radio Shack.

yannicrisantos

July, 8, 2012 AT 1:08 AM

I bought a new one in Auto zone and still not working.

DrCranknWrench

July, 8, 2012 AT 2:24 AM

Then the fob may be no good. If you don't have a spare you need one. The only way to turn of your alarm is to have your key fob with you. Unfortunately you have to go to a dealership to have keys and remote fobs programmed and it costs a lot, several hundred in some cases.
The good news is you can find keys and remote fobs sold in bunches on EBAY. It is worth getting them as they are cheap. Just make sure you get OEM ones. The dealer will program as many keys and remote fobs as you want but only one time. That is why it is worth getting as many spares as you can in case one fails down the road.

yannicrisantos

July, 9, 2012 AT 1:57 AM

It that why my light won't turn on also? The ones I that the arrows are pointing in the piture?

DrCranknWrench

July, 12, 2012 AT 7:57 PM

That may be because the tailight or turn signal bulbs are burnt out or the relay is bad.

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner