CAR WILL RUN FINE TILL YOU SHUT IT OFF AND WHEN YOU GO TO START IT BACK IT'LL JUST CRANK TILL IT SETS A WHILE

2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

Dempsey dewayne smith

May, 25, 2012 AT 7:15 PM

Like I said it will run fine for a month or two or three and then all of a sudden you shut it off to go into the store and come back out and it'll just crank and after a while it'll start back

Wiring Issue?

fixitmr

May, 25, 2012 AT 8:33 PM

Did you try holding pedal down some/all?

Dempsey dewayne smith

May, 25, 2012 AT 8:43 PM

Yes, it will just crank and then in a little while it'll start and then it may not do it again for a couple of months.

djcl

May, 25, 2012 AT 8:46 PM

You will need to see what your loosing spark or fuel @ the time of the no start

Dempsey dewayne smith

May, 25, 2012 AT 8:47 PM

Could it possibly be a fuel pump and just do that every couple of months. I've been told that and several other things.

djcl

May, 25, 2012 AT 8:52 PM

Yes it could be a fuel pump. It could have a bad spot in the motor. When the pump lands on it it has trouble turning. When this happens try taping under the fuel tank to see if you can get the pump to move off that spot. Do thid while some one is cranking the engine

Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Toyota
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes