CONVERTABLE TOP NOT WORKING. HOW DO I RESET THE DRIVE AND WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

2001 BMW Z3

Cdelavega

November, 6, 2011 AT 5:48 PM

I have replaced the interior switch and both relay switches in the trunk for the convertable top, it worked for a few times then it quit, can you help?

fixitmr

November, 6, 2011 AT 6:59 PM

Might be position sensor switch in top?It is located on the driver's side top bow near the 1st hinge (from the windshield) behind the cover that has two screws. The wires from it run to a connector that is located just aft of the driver's door, under/beneath the rubber padding that hides the mounting points/pivot for the top frame. If you open the driver's door, stand beside the seat, facing rearward, look at rear sill (where the door lock catch is) follow that up until you find the rubber cover, remove the rubber cover and there is the top connector. If you unplug the connector and put a jumper in it, and your top works it's your top switch. Be very careful if you decide to leave the jumper in place.

fixitmr

November, 6, 2011 AT 7:13 PM

Have you operated it manually since it quit?

fixitmr

November, 6, 2011 AT 8:07 PM

Was the top up or down when it decided not to work?

Dr. Hagerty

December, 10, 2011 AT 9:27 PM

If I can be of any help, let me know.

Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet