STEERING AND ELECTRICS

2000 Vauxhall Zafira

katie1980

July, 21, 2012 AT 9:23 PM

Hi I have a v reg vauhal zafira it has been going fine but this morning I drove it about a mile and the speed clock went down to 0 and the power steering went I looked under the bonnet and there was fluid coming out of battery so I got a new battery and its still the same but if u turn the car off and the restart it. Its fine again for a minet or so and the battery light is showing up really faint on the dash board light can you help what do you think it is.

hmac300

July, 21, 2012 AT 11:24 PM

Check to see if the car is charging, this is about all we can offer as we have no info on this vehicle

katie1980

July, 22, 2012 AT 12:39 PM

When we took the old battery off I started the car first then took the lugs off the battery and it wouldnt keep running the battery is staying charged now but the steering keeps going and the speed clock still goes down do u think it could be the alternater and roughley how much does that cost I will take it to kwik fit but just need to no roughley what im looking at and if I can aford it.

hmac300

July, 22, 2012 AT 12:43 PM

I have noidea as we dont have those cars in u.S. On how much an alternator is

Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Replace Tie Rod End
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe