MY CAR IS NOT STARTING

2000 Toyota Corolla

rbujhawan

March, 22, 2013 AT 7:36 PM

My car is not starting. The code off the computer is a p1305, p1310 and p1315. Coil packs were changed but the problem remains. Vehicle will only tumble. I changed the ECU to see if this will help but it did not. What other suggestions do you have to resolve this issue.

Robin PH# 1-868-689-6338
email rbujhawan@gmail. Com

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:08 PM

First, put your old pcm back and lets start at basics

fuel pressure, spark and compression. Check them and let us know what is missing

rbujhawan

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:13 PM

Roy,

Appreciate if you can clarify.
What do you mean by let us know what is missing?
Is it that you want me to do a compression test? A fuel pressure test? And to check if I get a spark when the engine tumbles? I am the owner of the car and I am doing this to help out the mechanic who is not too IT savy.

Robin

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:16 PM

Thats new information. It sounds like you need a new shop that will test the vehicle correctly and tell you the failure.

I assume it is at the shop and available to you.

By what is missing, I mean if fuel pressure is not here, then we know the system that has failed, no spark is that system and no compression is another system

rbujhawan

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:16 PM

Roy,

Appreciate if you can clarify.

Robin

rbujhawan

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:18 PM

Roy,

I called the Mechanic.

1. No spark on the spark plugs
2. Fuel pressure between 33-42 lbs
3. Compression approx 150lbs

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:21 PM

This is a basic issue. He needs to check the primary ignition system.

Once again, if he cannot handle a simple issue as this, you need a new shop and tesch

rbujhawan

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:25 PM

Roy,

My apologies, it was my misunderstanding of what you were requesting the mechanic has given me the info you requested. Only spark is missing. Compression and fuel pressure is present at the values I sent.

Robin

rbujhawan

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:35 PM

Roy,

What specific tests can he perform on the primary ignition system to help trouble shoot the source of the problem?

Robin

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:40 PM

Try this

rbujhawan

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:43 PM

Thanks Roy! I will have him go through these tests and let you know the results.
Robin

Ignition Coil Replacement Ford Taurus
Ignition System Test Guide
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars