SERVICE LIGHT ( ONE WITH THE WRENCH BY IT ) AND SECURITY LIGHT ARE ON

2000 Saturn SL1

saturn user

July, 22, 2012 AT 3:21 AM

I started my car today and as it started ; the service light and the security light came on but the car was running. When I got home I turned car off and restarted it and the lights were gone - is this a cause for concern? Few days before the car just stopped dead and would not turn back on until I opened the door and then it would start

Jacobandnickolas

July, 22, 2012 AT 4:19 AM

Have the computer scanned for trouble codes. Most parts stores will do it for free.

saturntech9

July, 22, 2012 AT 7:15 AM

Just to add to this one if the security is coming on it may have set body codes. Which the auto parts store cant read they can only read engine and transmission codes. Also yes this is something to be concerned with. You could get stranded the most common reason for the security light to come on in those cars is a bad pass lock sensor. But not starting till the door was opened that could be something more serous like a bad body control module.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML