NO IDLE CONTROL ON MITSUBIS 2.4 AFTER REPLACING BATTERY

2000 Mitsubishi Galant

highwaystar

March, 19, 2012 AT 9:21 PM

Replaced battery. Now engine with not idle. Runs ok but if you stop it it dies out. Starts ok after that. Have to keep foot on gas while braking to keep engine running. Do I have to run the car 20-30 miles for the computer to relearn the IAC info. It ran just fine before the battery was disconnected. Please advise.
thanks.

Dies On Idle

March, 19, 2012 AT 9:27 PM

You gonna have to keep driving it till it relearns itself

highwaystar

March, 20, 2012 AT 1:32 AM

How much do I have to drive my car until it "relearns itself"? I just drove it at 60 mph for 25 miles and nothing changed. This is my wife's car and she can't drive with 2 feet like I did to keep it from dying out. This is not a normal way to drive. There has to be a better way.

March, 20, 2012 AT 5:33 AM

Try cleaning out the idle air control valve and see what happens

VEHICLE DRIVEABILITY COMPUTER RELEARN PROCEDURE
Manufacturer does not provide a specified computer relearn procedure for obtaining proper driveability. If vehicle battery was disconnected or Powertrain Control Module (PCM) was replaced, driving the vehicle will enable the PCM to perform a computer relearn procedure for obtaining proper driveability. Inform customer that driveability may differ from what they are accustomed to until the PCM completes the computer relearn procedure

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement