IDLES LOW

• Eclipse210
  • 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Hello I have a 2000 Mitsubishi eclipse rs 2.4L and I am having low idling problems. It runs good in the beginning but once it is warm just idles really low like it wants to die. I have replaced the egr valve and the vacumn solinoid, new spark plugs, new iac, new tps and new valve cover gasket. Just installed new header and exhaust system also and was thinking maybe my cat was causing it but still idles low. Cleaned the throttle body and cleaned the maf also but still no change. No check engine light on I am running out of ideas

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 8:10 AM

• mhpautos

Check coolant temp sensor, this is not the gauge sender, it is the sensor that tells the ECU if the engine is cold and causes the mixture to increase, often if faulty cold nut still wants to run rich and this can case erratic idle.

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 8:14 AM
  • KHLow2008

If the battery was disconected, it would need some relearn time for the idling to stabilise.

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 9:58 AM
  • Eclipse210

Ok I will check it today let you know what happens. Thank you

Friday, August 10th, 2012 AT 11:02 AM