HAPPY HOLIDAYS MY WIFES ECLIPSE HAS CODE P1400 ...

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse

joecilmi

December, 19, 2012 AT 10:36 PM

Happy Holidays
My wifes eclipse has code P1400 reoccurring even after replacing pres differential sensor (from auto zone). I also checked EGR and vacuum lines, all good. My scanner shows engine load data which fluctuates normally I would say, though not positive about that. I don't see any other data stream to watch operation of pressure sensor or circuit. Can you help? All equipment is standard except for Injen air intake which it has had for several years.
Thanks, Joe

December, 19, 2012 AT 11:12 PM

Is the engine temp up to normal? If the temp is below 160 the egr system will not work correctly. I got caught in this situation a while ago and took me a while to figure it out

joecilmi

December, 20, 2012 AT 12:50 AM

The temp gauge is reading half way like it usually does and my scan tool says 80 centigrade so its good. Anything else?

joecilmi

December, 20, 2012 AT 12:54 AM

The temp came up to 96 centigrade fully warmed up

December, 20, 2012 AT 12:58 AM

Ok. Is there vacuum at the transducer?

joecilmi

December, 20, 2012 AT 8:11 PM

Thanks Roy,
There is full vacuum at the transducer

December, 20, 2012 AT 8:50 PM

Ok, go to the erg solenoid and see if one side has vacuum as well.

Check for 12 volts to the solenoid with key on

joecilmi

January, 6, 2013 AT 7:50 AM

Just getting back to it after a great holiday, hope yours was too. There is 12volts at the egr solenoid and vacuum in the hose. I took off the egr to examine it. It was clean and moved easily when I put vacuum to it. BTW, There is no egr sensor on the valve or anywhere near it. There is a round plastic vacuum delay valve. What else could be causing code P1400? The computer goes into closed loop and the car runs perfectly.
Thanks again for helping, Joe

Air Intake Boot Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma V6
Air Filter Replacement Acura TL
Air Filter Replacement