BECOME A MEMBER
It is free to join!
I AGREE TO THE
BECOME A MEMBER
2000 Mercury Marquis
February, 20, 2011 AT 11:34 PM
How to replace e brake on 2000 mercury marquis
FOUND 1306 RELATED QUESTIONS
E-brake Light Stays On And E-brake Is Ve
Rear Brake Adjustment, E Brake And Regul
March, 10, 2011 AT 4:17 AM
1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
2. Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
3. Remove the rear brake disc.
4. Remove the adjuster by removing the brake shoe return spring and the adjusting spring.
A sharp-pointed tool such as a scratch awl is useful in removing and installing the springs.
5. Remove the parking brake actuator.
6. Push the parking brake shoes toward each other, then pull the parking brake actuator out. Unhook the parking brake cable end.
7. Remove the brake shoe hold-down springs.
8. Remove the parking brake shoe and linings.
To install: 1. Inspect the components for excessive wear or damage, and install new components as required.
2. Using anti-seize lubricant, lubricate the brake shoe contact point before installation of the rear brake shoes.
3. Lubricate the adjusting screw threads with anti-seize lubricant.
4. Install the parking brake shoe and linings.
5. Install the parking brake shoe hold-down springs.
6. Connect the parking brake cable and actuator.
7. Using a suitable brake adjusting gauge, set the rear brake shoe and lining diameter to 0.020 inch (0.5 mm) less than the inside diameter of the drum portion of the brake disc.
8. Reinstall the brake rotor.
9. Check the parking brake for normal operation and adjust parking brake cable tension if necessary.
10. Install wheel and tire assemble and lower vehicle.
11. Reconnect negative battery cable.
to post a reply.
Park Brake Light
Hi the park brake light will not go off when the brake is released we have confimed that the pedal is all the way up the swich is new
Rear Brakes And Emergency Brake
Brakes problem 2004 acura tsx 4 cyl two wheel drive manual i replaced the rotors and brake pads on the rear of this car i was ab
Emergency Brake Repair
Brakes problem 2005 chevy impala 6 cyl front wheel drive automatic 72000 miles i took my 05 chevy impala in for a safety inspectio
Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Brake Warning Light On? Learn To Fix It The Right Way
Parking Brake Shoes Making Noise? Fix It Like The Pros
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Guide On How an Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Works
ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
© 1999 - 2015 2CarPros, Inc.