BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I agree to the
Login with Facebook
NOT A MEMBER?
2000 MERCURY MARQUIS
How to replace e brake on 2000 mercury marquis
have the same problem?
Sunday, February 20th, 2011 AT 11:34 PM
1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
2. Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
3. Remove the rear brake disc.
4. Remove the adjuster by removing the brake shoe return spring and the adjusting spring.
A sharp-pointed tool such as a scratch awl is useful in removing and installing the springs.
5. Remove the parking brake actuator.
6. Push the parking brake shoes toward each other, then pull the parking brake actuator out. Unhook the parking brake cable end.
7. Remove the brake shoe hold-down springs.
8. Remove the parking brake shoe and linings.
1. Inspect the components for excessive wear or damage, and install new components as required.
2. Using anti-seize lubricant, lubricate the brake shoe contact point before installation of the rear brake shoes.
3. Lubricate the adjusting screw threads with anti-seize lubricant.
4. Install the parking brake shoe and linings.
5. Install the parking brake shoe hold-down springs.
6. Connect the parking brake cable and actuator.
7. Using a suitable brake adjusting gauge, set the rear brake shoe and lining diameter to 0.020 inch (0.5 mm) less than the inside diameter of the drum portion of the brake disc.
8. Reinstall the brake rotor.
9. Check the parking brake for normal operation and adjust parking brake cable tension if necessary.
10. Install wheel and tire assemble and lower vehicle.
11. Reconnect negative battery cable.
Image (Click to enlarge)
Thursday, March 10th, 2011 AT 4:17 AM
to post a reply.
Related Parking Brake Content
2000 Mercury Marquis Parking Brake
Transmission Problem 2000 Mercury Marquis Two Wheel Drive Automatic 63000 Miles Cannot Get Gear Shift Out Of "park"
Brake Pedal Goes To The Floor.
1995 Mercury Marquis Rear Passenger Brake Shoe...
Brakes Problem 1995 Mercury Marquis V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 164, 00 Miles I Replaced My Rear Brake Pads On The Disc Brakes In The...
Few Days Ago I Had My Rear Axle Work Done. After That...
Few Days Ago I Had My Rear Axle Work Done. After That I Got A Prob. When I Am Braking My Car. Below 25 Km H At Low Speed Brake Pedal...
1997 Mercury Marquis Brake Problem
Replaced The Front Brakes, Rotors, & Calipers And Ended Up With A Soft Brake Pedal On Start Up. Took It To A Garage And Had The Master...
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Bleed and Flush
How to Fix a Brake Pull
Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2017 2CarPros, Inc.