BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I AGREE TO THE
Login with Facebook
BECOME A MEMBER
2000 Mercury Marquis
How to replace e brake on 2000 mercury marquis
Sunday, February 20th, 2011 AT 11:34 PM
1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
2. Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
3. Remove the rear brake disc.
4. Remove the adjuster by removing the brake shoe return spring and the adjusting spring.
A sharp-pointed tool such as a scratch awl is useful in removing and installing the springs.
5. Remove the parking brake actuator.
6. Push the parking brake shoes toward each other, then pull the parking brake actuator out. Unhook the parking brake cable end.
7. Remove the brake shoe hold-down springs.
8. Remove the parking brake shoe and linings.
To install: 1. Inspect the components for excessive wear or damage, and install new components as required.
2. Using anti-seize lubricant, lubricate the brake shoe contact point before installation of the rear brake shoes.
3. Lubricate the adjusting screw threads with anti-seize lubricant.
4. Install the parking brake shoe and linings.
5. Install the parking brake shoe hold-down springs.
6. Connect the parking brake cable and actuator.
7. Using a suitable brake adjusting gauge, set the rear brake shoe and lining diameter to 0.020 inch (0.5 mm) less than the inside diameter of the drum portion of the brake disc.
8. Reinstall the brake rotor.
9. Check the parking brake for normal operation and adjust parking brake cable tension if necessary.
10. Install wheel and tire assemble and lower vehicle.
11. Reconnect negative battery cable.
Thursday, March 10th, 2011 AT 4:17 AM
to post a reply.
1997 Mercury Sable Problem When Using Brakes
Brakes problem 1997 mercury sable 6 cyl two wheel drive automatic 123000 miles if the car is at a speed of 25 or more when the b
1993 Mercury Sable My Brakes Continue To Be A ...
Brakes problem 1993 mercury sable 6 cyl two wheel drive automatic 62100 miles i am a relatively new driver who picked up a car f
I have a '96 mercury sable 3 0l efi 150 000 mi a t when i go to put it into gear it is very sloppy its hard to find neutral from
Won't Stay In Gear When Parked And E Brake Dosen...
Won't stay in gear when parked and e brake dosen't work
Found 904 related questions
2000 Mercury Marquis Parking Brake
2001 Mercury Sable Parking Brake Light
1999 Mercury Mountaineer Emergency Brake
Manuals and Instructions
Parking Brake Shoes Making Noise? Fix It Like The Pros
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Find a car manual for your car
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Brake Warning Light On? Learn To Fix It The Right Way
Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Change Honda Civic
Wheel Cylinder Leaking? Replace It Like The Pros
© 1999 - 2016 2CarPros, Inc.