2000 JAGUAR VANDEN PLAS THROTTLE CODE

• Cletis Nester
  • 2000 Jaguar Vanden Plas
  • automatic

I have read several comments on your website regarding the problem that I have. Specifically, at any time, at any speed, the engine will go into a condition where the message center says:
Failsafe engine mode, TRAC Not available and ASC Not available. My engine analyzer gives a code P0121 Mod $11 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit. My guess, with help from your web site, it that there is nothing wrong with the sensor. The fault is most likely a bad electrical connection or a short in the wiring. My question is; Is there any information available that would lead me to the specific wiring bundle and the connections associated with the Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit?

Thank You

Thursday, May 12th, 2011 AT 7:41 PM

• hmac300

Here is the pic of the tps, its' not a great one but the onlyone available. The wires go around it and it looks like a half circle on the front. It's on the left side of the throttle body.

Thursday, May 12th, 2011 AT 8:07 PM