Air Suspension Problems

TIMKOJEFF
  • 2000 FORD EXPEDITION

I just bought this expedition yesterday. It is the Eddie Bauer edition with 4wd and air suspension. I have never owned a vehicle with air suspension before, but need it now for towing my boat.

The compressor comes on every 5 minutes or so and runs for about a minute at a time. When I start the truck, I don't notice a big change in the height of the truck, but it has 4 corner leveling so it may be too even for me to notice.

How often should the compressor come on? Is there an air tank to store air? Does anyone have a diagram of the system so I can find the air lines and look for a leak?

Sunday, June 10th, 2012 AT 11:22 PM

ASEMASTER6371

No air tank, does run often but should not leak down overnight. I would use soapy water around the joints to look for leaks.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, June 10th, 2012 AT 11:36 PM
TIMKOJEFF

But should it run every few minutes? That seems excessive. Also, should I notice a change in the height of the truck?

Sunday, June 10th, 2012 AT 11:41 PM
ASEMASTER6371

As I stated in the answer, it should not leak down overnight which indicates a leak and it will cause it to turn on more often. Try the soapy water to see if you can find it yourself before getting help.

Sunday, June 10th, 2012 AT 11:44 PM