AIR SUSPENSION PROBLEMS

2000 Ford Expedition

timkojeff

June, 10, 2012 AT 11:22 PM

I just bought this expedition yesterday. It is the Eddie Bauer edition with 4wd and air suspension. I have never owned a vehicle with air suspension before, but need it now for towing my boat.

The compressor comes on every 5 minutes or so and runs for about a minute at a time. When I start the truck, I don't notice a big change in the height of the truck, but it has 4 corner leveling so it may be too even for me to notice.

How often should the compressor come on? Is there an air tank to store air? Does anyone have a diagram of the system so I can find the air lines and look for a leak?

June, 10, 2012 AT 11:36 PM

No air tank, does run often but should not leak down overnight. I would use soapy water around the joints to look for leaks.

timkojeff

June, 10, 2012 AT 11:41 PM

But should it run every few minutes? That seems excessive. Also, should I notice a change in the height of the truck?

June, 10, 2012 AT 11:44 PM

As I stated in the answer, it should not leak down overnight which indicates a leak and it will cause it to turn on more often. Try the soapy water to see if you can find it yourself before getting help.

Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Replace Tie Rod End