NO POWER WHEN PUT IN GEAR?

2000 Ford Escort

Tbrady

March, 31, 2012 AT 6:33 PM

When my car starts and put in gear, I step on the gas and it just sits there nothing happens. I just revs up.

DrCranknWrench

March, 31, 2012 AT 6:38 PM

The clutch packs are probably worn out. If it is manual or automatic, it still has a set of clutch packs. Although on an automatic there are a few other variables. The torque converter could be bad, the torque converter clutch solenoid or it might not be shifting exactly into gear. The shifter has to put the transmission exactly in the detent for the gear. If it does not it can cause problems like you are having and lead to a rebuild.
I suggest you take your car to a Transmission shop. Not a regular repair facility as automatics are hard to diagnose and require special tools to fix. AAMCO is overpriced, so don't go there. Use the search engine on this site to find a transmission shop bnear you.

Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage