WHY IS THE TEMPERATURE GAUGE GOING TO HOT?

2000 Chrysler Town and Country

nursesharon28

May, 1, 2012 AT 8:57 PM

My 2000 Chrysler Town and Country. But the vehicle is not overheating or running hot? The A/C is not working properly when it is turned on. That is when the temperature gauge started rising to the hot mark. What do you think the problem is.

Temp Gauge

promechanic

May, 1, 2012 AT 9:00 PM

There really isn't enough info for me to really help you. I can give you some things that I would check though.
I would check that the cooling system is full and that there are no leaks in the system.
I would also check to be sure that both cooling fans come on when the AC is turned on.
I would also check to be sure that there is nothing restricting airflow to the radiator.

Those are some ideas to check.

djcl

May, 1, 2012 AT 11:18 PM

This van is known th have cooling fan relay problems. If the fans are not on with the a/c on you will need to start checking for voltage @ ground the fans. Dk green is the 12 volt feed and the blk is a ground. You can try giving it voltage with a thick jumper wire

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer