SURE YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD THIS ONE

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

bniehues

February, 9, 2013 AT 5:45 PM

Sure you have never heard this one. Took engine out to remove/replace exhaust manifold bolts that had broken due to broken motor mounts. All went well and put engine back in and carefully reconnected all wires - really can't get them hooked wrong due to the different plugs and wire layout. Then the fun began, when hooking battery back up the ABS runs, the cruise light and high beam indicator light are on and all this with the key not in the ignition. Call me stupid but decided to try to start anyway and it cranks and even trys to start but doesn't keep running and then the horn starts to blow. You bound to be laughing by now. I have checked and rechecked every wire connection and all the grounds and can find nothing. Any ideas what is going on?

February, 9, 2013 AT 5:48 PM

I would back track by taking apart connectors with the battery hooked up to see where the issue lies.

Also, did you trap any harness in anything like the bell housing area?

bniehues

February, 9, 2013 AT 6:05 PM

No pinched or trapped wires or unconnected wires. Pulled ABS fuse to stop it, pulled cruise fuse but light remains on. Tried headlights and they work fine and switch from high to low but high beam indicator never goes off. After pulled ABS fuse just turned key switch on without cranking and horn started blowing. This is nuts.

February, 9, 2013 AT 6:54 PM

Do you have an alarm system?

bniehues

February, 10, 2013 AT 5:29 PM

No alarm.

bniehues

February, 13, 2013 AT 8:42 PM

Just realized put Chevrolet 2000 instead of 2004, was thinking of other pickup but don't think anything much different. Have gotten the problem isolated to traveling through the radio fuse. When pull radio fuse under hood the indicator lights go off on dash but still won't start and ABS still runs if replace the fuse. The radio also does Not work with the fuse in and key on, totally blank and think I hear a slight buzz in speakers. Just keeps on getting stranger.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen