SERVICE ENGINE CODES P1415 AND P1605.

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

sharlet

November, 3, 2011 AT 7:48 PM

Recently my service engine light came on. Purchased a Code Reader and found that the following codes: P1605, P0115 (engine coolant temp sensor 1 circuit), P0505 (idle air control system), P0110 (intake air temperature sensor 1 circuit), P1415 (secondary air injection air system bank 1). Need to find out what needs to be done to clear up the issues surrounding these codes. Have always self maintained my truck. Limited funds at this time to take in to dealer to service. Please advise. Thanks.

factoryjack

November, 3, 2011 AT 8:05 PM

Personally, I would clear them and see which one(s) return. More than likely only one of them is responsible for the light coming on. Are there any symptoms that are in conjunction?

sharlet

November, 4, 2011 AT 4:32 PM

About 3 months my check engine light popped up, OBD code was P1415 (secondary air injection air bank 1). I've notice that my engine is not as smooth when in park or stopped at a signal light and that it seems to be a little sluggish when excellerating. Do you know what the code P1605 is?

factoryjack

November, 4, 2011 AT 7:47 PM

I don't see any info that a P1605 even exists, searched from 1999 to 2005 in factory information. It may be a fault of the tool(scanner/code reader) that you are using.