CODE P0741

• thunder
  • 2000 Cadillac Seville

I get this code approx. Every 500 mi after I clear codes. I understand its a tranny thing. How much will this cost me? How much down time? The car has a slight shake at highway speeds.

Monday, November 7th, 2011 AT 2:07 PM

• hmac300

Tis is a torque converter clutch problem. It can be a wiring issue or the torque converter can be bad or something else. Best thing to do is go to atrans shop and they can let you know how much to fix and what it may/will entail.

Monday, November 7th, 2011 AT 3:20 PM
  • thunder

Thank you, I thought someone could give me a general range.

Monday, November 7th, 2011 AT 3:48 PM
  • thunder

Selonoid stuck in the "off" position. $2700 + tax + rental

Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 AT 7:43 PM
  • thunder

Oh yea, That est. Was from Aamco. Does that sound right?

Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 AT 7:46 PM
  • hmac300

Try someplace else other than aamco.

Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 AT 8:05 PM
  • thunder

Hey guys, did you forget me. You got my donation (11/18), but no answer. Whats up? I don't even see the quetion I asked as a follow-up to this question. Anyway, I had the tranny rebuilted, (because thats what they said I needed), for a while I was getting the knock sensor code P0327. And now, a new problem. Now when I drive her, she shifts fine with a continuous pedal, but I have to hold her about 27-30 mph steady, I feel a slight******** (or grabbing) feeling through the front end. Now what? Do I need my computer reflashed (Aamco does this through the dealer), disconnect the battery? Done that, tune-up? Done that. What's left? A break-in period? Maybe it's not either, idk. HELP! I'm $2500 in the hole;(

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 AT 8:42 PM
  • hmac300

I personally have never seen a donation question from you bu tsomeone else may have got it as there are 70 people that answer thees. If you feel a slight grabbing it could be because the trans was just rebuilt. If you aren't comfortable with it take it back and have who ever rebuilt it to recheck it as it may be something else. It may be a bad switch and you feel the converter going in and out. I don't think you'llneed a computer reflashed for your problem as you dont' say whether or not you still have the konck sensor code.

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 AT 9:01 PM
  • thunder

Yes, I always donate. I have no problem with that. When I first felt the problem I took the car back to them, they didn't know what the problem was. Great. It's in for a P0741 problem, comes out with a P0327 problem. I have 300 mi on this rebuilt tranny. It feel like it's getting softer (it might be wishful thinking. Oh, no codes, two days straight! LOL! If its a bad switch, will they have to drop the tranny again? (I notice a word was omitted, it wasn't used in a foul way as more of description of irregular motion).

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 AT 9:26 PM
  • thunder

Happy Thanksgiving! Be safe!

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 AT 9:27 PM
  • hmac300

About the only thing you can do with this is check for a wire disconneted by the starter andon left side of block. If there are any kocks in teh engine, meaning loose bolts the knock sensor will pick it up, it will also retard your timing. Unfortunatley lyou'll have to take it to a competent mechanic to have him look at it. It could be just a bad sensor as well. And for the bad switch in tranny, no it just has to have the pan taken down and replace it.

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 AT 9:32 PM