WON'T STAY CRUNK, & WON'T TAKE THROTTLE. GOES BACK DEAD. SEE DETAILS BELOW.

2000 Cadillac Escalade

shockeroreo

July, 16, 2012 AT 4:37 PM

My fuel pump went out on my 2000 Cadillac Escalade. I changed it out as well as the fuel filter
and it ran for 1 1/2 days great. I went out to crank it after 3 days and it was doing the same thing as it was before I changed out the fuel pump. It will crank right up and shut right back off. I changed out the fuel pump & filter for the second time thinking that I may have gotten a faulty pump. It is still doing the same thing. Im getting good fuel pressure at the motor, and I checked my fuel lines up & down to make sure that im not getting air in them & that all looks good. My plugs & wires look fine also. When I prime it by pouring a little gas in the throttle body & it runs but when I try to give it throttle while priming it, it doesn't take it. It just goes back dead once I quit trickling gas in the throttle body. Can you help me out?

July, 16, 2012 AT 5:16 PM

Start with basics. Fuel pressure test, should be 60 lbs.
Spark test and compression test.

One of them will be missing and when we know, we can proceed.

shockeroreo

July, 16, 2012 AT 6:00 PM

Compression is good. Fuel pressure is good. I changed the plugs, wires, & coil out not too long ago. All that seems to be in good working order. Could there be a sensor associated with this problem? SUV cranks & starts great, runs for about a second & then shuts off.

July, 16, 2012 AT 6:30 PM

What is the fuel pressure exactly?

shockeroreo

July, 16, 2012 AT 8:26 PM

61.5 lbs

July, 16, 2012 AT 8:38 PM

Ok, was the check engine light on before this? If so, what was the code.

If you have a scanner, you need to verify signals from the crank and cam sensors.

shockeroreo

July, 17, 2012 AT 1:33 AM

Yes the check engine light was on & has been on for about a year. I had the code ran & it came back as a sensor & I can't rember the name of it. I had the sensor changed & had the code reset but it came back on within a day. I had the code ran again & it came back as one of the firing mechanisms like the coil. I had it changed out, & the code came back on. I asked the mechanics shop again & they replied that didn't anything seems to be wrong with the vehicle. So I thought it was one of those things that will remain on; the vehicle ran good every since the sensor & coil was replaced, until the fuel pump went out.

July, 17, 2012 AT 1:56 AM

It would be very helpfull to know the codes. Codes never identify bad parts, just failed systems. Replacing those sensors did not fix your problems which means the issues still exist and need to be addressed. It is never right to let the light stay on even though it runs ok as it will eventually have further issues like what you have now.

I suggest going to a shop with a scan tool that can accuratly diag your issue and get to a resolution.

shockeroreo

July, 17, 2012 AT 2:13 AM

Thanks. If I can get it crunk I definitely will! Thanks

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet