CODES FOR ELDORADO ETC

2000 Cadillac El Dorado

Glakken13

March, 5, 2011 AT 8:18 PM

So I ran a diagnostic on my Caddy. I got readings on a bunch of different codes. Not sure how to interpret this though. If a code comes up does this mean there is a problem with that particular sensor or part? I got codes for PCM -P0171, P0174. IPC- B1552, TCS - C1252, C1253, C1281, C1287. RSS - C0635, C0640, U1016. PZM - B1552, B1558. Then the screen listed no codes for RFA, CCP, ACM, MSM, MMM, IRC. I checked @ Actron. Com to see what the codes are for. P is for Drivetrain, C for chassis etc. Does this mean I need to get all these things fixed or replaced? Car seems to run fine.?

cadieman

March, 5, 2011 AT 9:31 PM

Whats your problem any lites on?

Glakken13

March, 5, 2011 AT 11:34 PM

To: Cadieman- The service engine soon message is on. Had the codes pulled down at Advance Auto Parts. Codes P0171 and P0174 came up. When I did a diagnostic of the system. All the other codes came up.

cadieman

March, 6, 2011 AT 1:36 AM

U go to obd2 codes and look them u. This 1 is dealin with the o2 sensors goodluck

Glakken13

March, 6, 2011 AT 1:42 AM

Thank you !

factoryjack

March, 8, 2011 AT 5:12 AM

The P0171 and 174 codes indicate both banks are running lean. Most often a result of an intake manifold vacuum leak. A common spot for leak, that is not real noticeable is the intake plenum boot between the intake and the throttle housing. It develops a crack in the rubber on the bottom side.

Glakken13

March, 8, 2011 AT 7:55 PM

If I am looking at engine would this be more near the top toward windshield. Bottom toward the grill or right or left? Sorry, don't know a whole lot about engine compartments and where things are located. Thanks!

factoryjack

March, 9, 2011 AT 5:38 AM

If you are looking at the engine from the front of the vehicle, it is on top. The best way I can describe it, is in reference to the engine cover(the plastic one that says northstar on the front of it). At the high point(center) of this cover, follow it right to the end, this boot is just under that end. It has a couple hose clamps that secure it to the intake, and the mounting plate. There are three bolts that pass through the throttle body and into this mounting plate. If you are going to try and replace it yourself, there is a lot more to the procedure than just locating it. The intake needs to be removed.

Glakken13

March, 9, 2011 AT 6:15 AM

To Gstacey: Gotcha. Thanks for your help!

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Open Hood Video
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon