I HAVE POWER TO ALL MY FUSES EXCEPT FOR FUSES 10,32,34.29,AND 43

1999 Volkswagen Jetta

bensmith1

July, 18, 2012 AT 3:53 PM

I have a 99 vw jetta 2.0L with engine code aeg. What could the issue be? I turn the ignition on all my lights on dash come on like there suppose to. But when I turn over enough to engage starter it wont turn over. I have power to all the fuses except for ones stated and those have a symbol of a engine with the look of a lightening bolt through the engine. I have power to my starter from the battery as well. Would you know the cause of the problem and where to fix it at. Or should I bring it to my local dealership+

hmac300

July, 18, 2012 AT 5:06 PM

Check the two relays I have pinted to and try switching them with another relay. I cannot find fuses 43 or 34 on schematic but some of these go to ecm which may be part of your problem. However this shold definitely be looked at by a pro.

hmac300

July, 18, 2012 AT 5:06 PM

Forgot to send diagram sorry

bensmith1

July, 18, 2012 AT 5:33 PM

Thanks for the reply. I come to find out after messing with it more. When I put the test lite to each individual fuse that doesnt have power. When I put the test light to one fuse at a time then turn on my ignition each one will get power for a second then it cuts out. Hopefully that helps out more

hmac300

July, 18, 2012 AT 5:36 PM

Check the master fuse by battery and also see if iginition siwth is faulty. You only need a test light. Also check battery connections for cleanliness as well as battery condition. Aupo part stores can check batteries for free so will sears and most auto repair shops.

bensmith1

July, 18, 2012 AT 5:41 PM

Ok. How would I do so checking my ignition switch?

hmac300

July, 18, 2012 AT 5:42 PM

A test light can do it or vom. Just ont ehoutput see if it dimms when you go to staart, if it doesn then you'll need replacing.

bensmith1

July, 18, 2012 AT 6:32 PM

Ok. I checked my ignition. It doesnt dim. The lite just completly goes out till I let off the ignition switch

hmac300

July, 18, 2012 AT 7:56 PM

Thenif goes out it shouldn't. It should stay on to engage the starter relay at least on the start cycle. If you unplug it and try to jump it that would tellyou if it were bad or not as a check you already have the chart to see which color wires to cross

bensmith1

July, 18, 2012 AT 9:27 PM

Ok. Im getting there. And thing you got my problem solved. I crossed 2 wires on my ignition. And the fuses that wasnt getting power. Has power constantly. As long as I keep wires in my ignition crossed. So that narrows down to a bad ignition. Thats what I take it as.

hmac300

July, 18, 2012 AT 10:20 PM

I think I understand what you are saying.

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000