What size allen wrench is required to remove tires from a '99 Toyota Solara?

JRHALFO
  • 1999 TOYOTA SOLARA

What size allen wrench is required to remove tires from a '99 Toyota Solara? It looks like 1/4" but it's just barely too small. I have a flat that needs replaced and I can't figure out what to do now.

Sunday, February 13th, 2011 AT 4:48 PM

SANDWICH

I'm sure you've already discovered the answer to your question a year and a half ago. But since I found your question by way of having the same problem, I thought I'd leave an answer for anyone else with our confusion.

The size Allen wrench you need to change a Solara tire is. Flathead. Yep. The screws aren't real. There's a notch that you stick a screwdriver into and pry off the cover, revealing the lug nuts. Who knew.

+1
Monday, October 15th, 2012 AT 9:15 AM
PERKINBLAIR

I will be more specific in regard to your intent to replacing the flat. What you need do is change all of them rather than have one changed. This will be viable for your car following the fact that there is always a need to have a balance for all the tires. You also need to consider sourcing them from reputable dealers.

-2
Monday, October 15th, 2012 AT 12:25 PM