• kisijojwa1
  • 1999 Toyota Corona
  • automatic

I have several questions:

Number 1
The initial minutes of my premio (corona) D4 2-litre at start-ups the engine raves at above the 1500 rev per minute but eventually returns to less than 1000 after some minutes; consulted mechanic and was told it was normal for the type of engine. Is that true?

Number 2
There are two buttons on the outer cover next to the gear lever (automatic): labeled PWR and MNL wondering what are their use(s)

on the display just below odometer a green light always lighting referring to ECON whats the meaning

thanks in advance
Awaiting your response

Friday, December 3rd, 2010 AT 9:54 AM

• KHLow2008

1. When engine is cold, the cold start system comes into operation and increases the idling speed. This is to prevent stalling as a cold engine would not perform to specs. The given answer is correct.

2. Pattern select switch contains a POWER (PWR) and a NORMAL (NORM) operating position. When pattern select switch is depressed (PWR position), transaxle upshifts and downshifts will occur at a higher vehicle speed than with switch released. An indicator light on instrument panel indicates pattern select switch is depressed (PWR position).

Norm = normal and is self explanatory.

3. ECON = economy. That is the engine computer telling you the engine is running at its most economical condition when the light comes on.

Friday, December 3rd, 2010 AT 6:17 PM